Wednesday, February 01, 2017

The Cat's Meow

It's February, the month of love. Or in my case, the month of endless lovelorn cat serenades.

A couple of feral cats who live in the neighbor's barn like to drop by and eat food off our patio. (Along with the other neighbor's bloodhound, chickens, and pet pig, too. I'm not even kidding.)

The cats are usually not an issue since they typically run away whenever we go outside. We're able to pet only a couple of them, since most are very shy of humans.

Well, one of the female cats is currenly having her cycle. *ahem* And alllllll the boy cats in the neighborhood have joined the wandering romance opera troupe that has formed to sing her praises day and night. They like to sit on the ledge outside my office window and yowl to anyone who will listen. And trust me, it's impossible not to listen.

That being the case, I've taken my laptop to another end of the house to write, but I haven't exactly escaped the serenading.

Freddie Cat, our family cat who was initially a feral who decided he purrfered snuggles, ear scritches, and sleeping on the couch, has decided I need to hear his magnificent singing no matter where I go in the house. I guess he hears the TV in the bedroom, and knows I'm in there. At any rate, if I go into the bedroom, he sits out back by the AC and serenades me with the most pitiful, drunken-sounding cat meows.

Anyway, February 1st. Wow. 2017 is moving along at a rapid clip. It seems like the New Year was just a couple of days ago. Or maybe that's just me looking forward to calmer (and quieter) days ahead. Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^