Sunday, August 28, 2016

41 Candles + 25 More

Happy Birthday to me...us! I'm sitting around in my pajamas at the moment, but in an hour or so I'll be going over to my mom and dad's house for c a k e. They're hosting a joint birthday party for Bub and me. His 25th is tomorrow, so I always share my bday with him. It's a special kind o' thing. Thank goodness Mom said she's not adding all the appropriate candles to the cakes, though. The result would likely resemble and choco-strawberry forest fire.

Let's see...what's been going on lately. Mini started 6th grade on the 25th. He said all his teachers are really nice this year, which is pure awesomeness. His second day back to school, Mother Nature threw an epic hissy fit. There was a storm that flooded one side of our yard, and the municipal water went out for two days. During the storm, Hubs went to move my car from the more floody side of the yard to the high-and-dry side, and noticed I had a flat tire. Whew! It's been crazypants around here. But on the upside, the weekend before Mini's school started was a blast. We went on a shopping quest to buy Minibeast new sneakers, and ended up at the Hibachi Grill before prowling through Big Lots for last minute supplies. We had a good time. It was the first time in months that all four of us: Hubs, Mini, Oldest, and Me were on an outing together.

Then, last night, I wrapped up the first round of hard revisions for my newest Werekind story that's headed to Smashwords in a week or two. *confetti* I consider that story a birthday gift to myself.

It still needs another round of revisions in at least two places, then I think it will be ready for copyedits. It's Gemma's tale, the last story in the Midnight Moon Trilogy. It's long overdue, I know, I know. After Gemma's story is released, I'll begin compiling the trilogy stories into an all-in-one edition for those who'd rather have the stories in that format. The all-in-one will include: Under A Midnight Moon, Feral Instinct (currently very hard to find a surviving copy of the anthology that short story ended up in), and Gemma's tale (I'm currently torn between two different titles.) So for anyone who wasn't able to pick up a copy of Feral Instinct the first time it rolled out, that one will be available soon, too.

Speaking of writing and tech-ish issues, I'm still wading through a few Windows 10 computer problems. I've managed to fix a few small annoyances but my primary laptop is still getting a black screen on startup. Restarting temporarily fixes it, but I don't know how long that's going to work before it shorts something out. I've tried several suggested fixes, an nothing has worked so far. I don't think Windows knows what's causing the error yet, or how to fix it. At any rate, I'm racing to get Gemma's story completed and uploaded before I send my comp to Dr. Bulldog. There's not much on my laptop to worry about, I tend to store thing on the cloud, but in the weird chance there is data loss or he has to strip everything out of my comp and do a reinstall, I don't want to lose everything that's there. So...I've been rabid saving everything. Uploading, burning, swapping files around. whew!All in the name of self preservation, yo. ;)

When Gemma's story gets to a certain level of completion (no more moing blocks of text around in revisions) I'll be able to send the document via dropbox to my Macbook and take over from there. It's too much of a pain to work in Word on the Macbook to do everything on it - my Word for Macbook has missing scrollbars. Go figure! It's a Word template problem but I haven't had the time to search out a fix. It's on my length to do list. Nevertheless, I've still managed to get a ton of writing done by swapping the document back and forth between computers. Now to just get the story nice and tidy so I can release it.

I'm out of time, so I'm off for now. I gotta go get changed out of my pjs into something presentable, then wrangle the boys into the car and head to Mom and Dad's. It's c a k e  t i m e!

I hope you have a lovely weekend, and for those heading back to the classroom this coming week whether as a student or a teacher: I wish you a safe and happy new school year!

Until next time, everyone. Happy wishes. xoxo


Cute birthday cake graphic by spreckers courtesy of openclipart.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.