Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo 2016 Pre-Writing Prep

Woohoo! Camp NaNoWriMo starts on Friday, July 1st. Am I crazy enough to try writing a book in a month?  Absolutely! I've signed up to a cabin, and I'm ready to start writing. For the past two weeks I've been working on my outline and scene notes for the month long event. I'm eager to see this new book written. I love these characters, I love this story, and I'm going into the event as prepared as possible.

At the end of May, shortly before Mini's birthday, I reread part of Karen Weisner's First Draft in 30 Days, as well as Blake Snyder's Save the Cat Strike's Back, to make sure I have all my writerly tools ready for a fast draft. 

I still have a short list of research topics to take care of before Friday, and I'm still tinkering with the scenes in the finale stage of my beat sheet, but for the most part I have everything I need in place to get this story off the ground. Wish me luck! 

By the way, it's free to join the madness. If you're interested in Camp NaNoWriMo, you can sign up here: http://campnanowrimo.org/   If you decide to join in, good luck and happy writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.