Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Hello Again

Hello, again!

I just checked the calendar, and I can't believe it's already nearing the end of April. I guess I've been away from the blog for about a month, although it really feels more like it's been six months. Seriously. It feels like a big chunk of time is missing and I don't know where it went.

I've been keeping up based on events rather than actual dates: Dad was hospitalized at the end of March, and it's been three or so weeks since they removed his kidney. Mini has testing all this week, and beyond that, he has roughly 3 weeks of school left to go. Hubby has four more work days before his shift rotates, then he's off seven days again. That's how my clockwork brain works lately. Stop, start. Stop, start. Event to event, unceasing.

Somewhere during all this, I decided to pick up the pen again. Or rather, I decided to collect some disjointed words in a Scrivener file, which has since morphed into a story. I won't go into details and risk jinxing it, but I should have a new story up on Smashwords soon.

That's really all I had to say. I haven't been very active on social media, because...well, after everything that happened in March, I can't think of much to say. I especially can't think of much to say without repeating myself, and I've decided to spare everyone. I check in with a few friends on twitter still, reply to tweets here and there, and reshare pictures, but beyond that I struggle to make even basic conversation these days. I'm drained, verbally, emotionally, etc. I decided to bow out for a while, because I keep having to apologize when every conversation seems so awkward lately (because of me!). I'd rather do that than say something else that sounds like I've been dismissive or short with someone when that wasn't my intention.

So there it is. A much overdue blog update. Bear with me while I get my blogging groove back. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^