Monday, November 09, 2015

Everyday I'm NaNo-ing...

I'm around the 10k mark on my NaNo project, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm pantsing the hell out of this story, no apologies, there, but I can honestly say I'm not sure where I'm going with it. At some point I'm going to need to figure out a possible ending, otherwise I won't know when it's finished.

For the overall gist of NaNo, I'm about 8k behind schedule. I told myself when I signed up, I wasn't going to worry about it, so I won't. Twice since I've started this story, the program I'm using for writing has tossed my words. Big chunks of words. Ouch.

As much as I love this program when it works, I've already started looking for different software. I hate the spyware keylogging crap Microsoft Office has brought on board since their subscription service, so I no longer use it. Straight up, I don't feel safe using Word for writing now. I realize how paranoid that sounds, but last year when I was trying to wrap up my vampire novel, I started getting Facebook and Google ads relative to what I'd been writing about. Too creepy for me. There has to be an alternative.

I have a computer running an older, paid-for (non subscription) version of Word, and I've considered hauling that computer to Dr. Bulldog for an overhaul and a new keyboard (it has keys missing) and just start using that computer offline for my writing. When I finish a piece, I can simply transfer my data to the laptop that has comp access in order to make submissions.

But that's a worry for another day. Right now I'm choosing not to worry about anything. The bottle of Merlot helps.

If you're NaNo-ing this year, I hope it's going well. I'll update again when something interesting happens. Until next time, keep writing...and happy wishes. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.