Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Point of No Return

Okay. So, I've reached the point of no return with the project of doom. It's 4:40 in the morning, and I just made my first cuts in the novel. This is always the worst for me. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. There is nothing ever so alarming as taking a draft that you've already written, rewritten, and are still rewriting, and you have to cut into it yet again.

I will say that this is much, much easier to do in Scrivener than it is in Word. I'm not having to endlessly scroll and hope I caught everything. It's also easier to see if I missed something. (I always do.) However, no matter how easy the slicing and dicing has become, every cut still affects my word count. It can't be all sunshine and rainbows, I guess.

As it stands, I'll probably have to go back in after everything is resectioned and bring the book back up to wordcount. C'est la vie. Even with that on the horizon, I think this one is going to be "the draft." The pre-proofread final draft. (Something like that.) The way the story is shaping up so far, I can tell this version is going to gel into a more cohesive story. Yay me.

In the meantime, I'm going to try not to panic. There are still a lot of changes left to make. That said, one big cut a night is enough for me. I'm off to bed for now. (Before I screw something up.) No more revising for me until I've had a few hours of sleep. Night, night, everyone. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.