Friday, October 30, 2015

Happy Halloween and NaNoWriMo Eve

LOL. Me.

Happy Halloween and NaNoWriMo Eve! 

Everyone in my house loves Halloween. It's my favorite holiday, so for us it starts on October 1st. Sometimes we even let Halloween run well into November, if the decorations left up aren't too obnoxious (or dusty). Pumpkins, turkeys, skeletons...it's all the same, really.

However, as November approaches, my focus has already shifted to NaNoWriMo. I signed up this year, and I've already added a BS cover to my account to commemorate the occassion.

Since signing up, I've been working on getting my character's histories straight and all that jazz. I created a Scrivener file to work in, and I've been toying with scene ideas to prepare. I'm not going to drive myself crazy over it, though. This is one of those story ideas that has been lingering around a while (at least five years), and I consider this NaNo a test to see if I can make something happen with it.

It's not like one more unrevised, unfinished story is going to hurt me at this point. At this very moment, I have two completed, unrevised novel drafts on this computer, plus several short stories that need to be edited. I also recently compiled all the core Werekind books into a single Vol. 1 Omnibus edition. All it needs is the formatting fixed, and a set of print and digital edition covers.

Anyway, I figure this will be as good a way as any to get words on the page. We'll see what happens. If you'd liked to be a writing buddy on the NaNoWriMo site, send me a request. My username there is lastdimtwilight. In the meantime, Happy Halloween! Ѽ 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cora, I want to be your writing buddy! It's already Nov 1st and I'm still not sure what I'm doing for Nano! I have three WIPs in the works and just received extremely extensive edits back on a contemporary that I'm not even sure I can fix. Going to write like crazy today on something. Something!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added you to my NaNo! :) So glad to have you over there. I'm up late tonight trying to log more words.

      Delete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^