Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tomorrow's Another Day

Happy Autumnal Equinox!  It still doesn't quite feel like fall in my area yet, but I'll take what I can get. While I was having lunch with Oldest at Johnny's Pizza today, I saw on the news that the warmer weather is supposed to linger longer than usual this year. Ho hum. I'm ready for flannel weather to get here. It's been a toasty summer, and I'm pretty much over it.

I didn't get much writing done today, and I'm trying not to be too bummed about that. Today ended up being an errands day instead. I've got a cold and I'm not feeling that great, but I drove Oldest around to all the places he wanted to go...and managed to have a good time doing so.

At Walpurgis Mart, while waiting for him to do his shopping, I picked up a box of Zyrtec-D to try to fight off the stuffy nose and sniffles. Just enough ick to make you feel run down, cry-ey, and miserable. It's more of Mini's school germs. He came home with the sniffles on Monday and promptly gave his ick to old mother. Actually, I can only blame myself. He was drinking out of a styrofoam cup with a straw, and since he'd already chewed on the tip of the straw, I agreed to snip it for him. I did, and didn't think to wash my hands afterward, although I knew he had some croupy sniffly mess going on. Sigh. So, while in town, I should've been buying extra paper plates, but instead, all I could think about was the Zyrtec-D. In my own defense, nothing else seems to help with the stuffy nose, but omg, the pills are so effing expensive. It's $22 dollars a box for something like 24 pills, mega ouch, and you have to ask the pharmacists for it, because it's not on the sales floor due to drug regulations in the state.

All in all, it wasn't a bad day, just tiring since I didn't have a lot of energy to start with. We managed to get all the errands done, Bub and me, so yay. As a bonus perk, he bought our lunch, which was super yummy. Johnny's peach pie pizza is killer. I love that stuff.

Anyway, I promised I'd buy lunch next time once we left. After that, we came home and I promptly medicated myself, and began preparing for MiniBeast to arrive home from school. I've been sort of listlessly reading over a couple of pages and note taking here and there, but I've mostly just gone over the same five paragraphs dozens of times. I still can't say for sure what I accomplished by doing that. Right before Hubz came home from work, I decided to give it up for the afternoon. What with being kind of sick, and again, feeling a little out there due to the meds, I didn't want to cut or rearrange anything within my novel that I might regret later. I'll wait til I've managed to gather my wits about me before I dive into the project again.

That said, I'm swearing off anymore trips to town this week, if I can help it. I need to focus on revising this novel if my cold will allow it. It's probably just me, but it seems like everyday this week there's been something standing in the way of work. Kooky as it may sound to some, I blame Mercury Retrograde for all the wacky energy and distractions. It goes direct on the 9th of October, so maybe by then I'll have my writing and revising groove back. I hope so. I'm ready to wrestle this story into tip top shape so I can finally kick it out the door. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^