Monday, September 07, 2015

Dream ♥ Write ♥ Repeat

Yesterday I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching for an ancient blogspot quiz from sometime around 2009-2011. I remember it was on a blogger blog with an orange and black theme. I think the blogger was an author, but I can't be sure about that.

The quiz was about what kind of romance you should be reading, or maybe it was about what kind of heroes you prefer...I can't quite remember. The quiz results were supposed to include recommended books (new releases at that time) for you based on your prefs; however, when I filled out this quiz, it had no book recommendations for me, because I like romances where heroes or stories that embrace a character's inner monster...which is entirely true. I wish I could find that quiz again!

Tomorrow the guys are back to school and work. While out and about running errands, I'm going to pick up some computer paper so I can print the hot mess draft I completed several days ago. From there I'll start reading through the scenes to see what I've got and what I don't. I hate this part of the process. I hate it worse than any other stage. It's always cringeworthy. I always question whether I should give up writing and go hide in a cave somewhere because I wrote something that bad. This stage requires copious amounts of wine and ice cream. I'm not even kidding.

Over the weekend I also started webspinning the next project, which is to say I've been writing little handjammer scenes for it, feeling out the characters and their world and the situation it's all linked to. I call it webspinning because there's a tarot card in my collection (I can't remember what deck) that shows a spider spinning a web representative of creativity and storytelling. It's an interesting card, and perfectly fits the prewriting before the writing stage, which I completely love. There are no right or wrong answers during this phase. Grammar and cohesion doesn't matter. It's pure creativity and brainstorming. It's my favorite part of the writing process.

In other news, I updated the blog. I cleaned out my links lists, added a new banner, added new social media icons, and tried to make everything easier to find. A small accomplishment, but I'll take what I can get.

So what's next on the agenda? I'll post updates on the state of the hot mess project in the weeks ahead. I'm terribly slow at revising, so I'll try not to let it drag out for months and months. It's painful enough to sift through a tough project; it's even more painful to have to tell others about it - lol. A quick and dirty revision, that's what I'm aiming for. We'll see how it goes.

That's it for now. I need to turn off the internets and tackle the mountain of laundry I've heaped on the bed. So many socks. So much folding. Alas, no house elves to do it for me. Sigh. I hope you've all had a lovely Labor Day holiday. Until next time, happiest wishes. ☺   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.