Monday, August 03, 2015

Tah-Dah! Not really.

If you're looking for me, you've come to the right place. I changed the look of the blog into something more streamlined. I hope it doesn't throw too many people off now that all the purple is gone. The comments section, which had an overlay issue, is now fixed. If you have any trouble dropping a comment here or there, message me on FB or twitter and I'll check into it. As far as I can tell, I've worked the bugs out of it. Huzzah.
#PitchWars is going on today over at Twitter. If you have a completed manuscript ready to toss into the ring, check out the rules here: http://www.brenda-drake.com/pitch-wars/. Similar to other events I've been to lately, this one is very YA and MG heavy, but there are some mentors calling for Adult genres. Check Brenda Drake's website for the mentoring blog hop list, and if you decide to enter - good luck! 

As for me, I'm about 19-20k shy of the minimum safe word count for my current draft. I was told 85k is the sweet spot for this type of novel, so I'm going with that. Last night I finally nailed down my hero's core motivation, or rather, he finally revealed it to me...this, when I'm already 65k into the dark. Stubborn goat, he's a man of secrets and few words. I have the biggest crush on him ever. 

I also figured out the final plot twist, which has given me the option of adding a new scene at the beginning. I'm debating whether to add that scene in there or leave it off. In the meantime, I'm going to keep charging toward the ending. I've been pantsing my way through this thing almost from the start, so I know it's going to need a lot of revision. That's fine with me. I'm just ready to stick a fork in this draft and call it a day. ♦

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^