Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Upcoming Rerelease: Moonlight and Shadows... Plus Other News

Cover art: SelfPubBookCovers.com/Shardel
Oh gosh, I haven't had a release in forever. It's been about a year or so, I think. Believe it or not, I'm back to writing daily, but I'm still not as productive as I was before I got sick earlier this year. Just this week, I moved my computer stuff back into my office...after months of not being well enough to hang out in here. So, once I found myself back in the saddle, the first thing I did was start prepping the Werekind books for rerelease through Smashwords.

There are a lot of books, and all of them need work, formatting, and new covers. It's a labor of love, though, and I'm determined to do it. They've been out of print for a while now, and in the future I want to have them available online as both singles and in an omnibus/author collection format. A tall order, while continuing to write new materieal, but the heart wants what it wants.

Today I purchased the cover for Moonlight and Shadows. It's one of my favorite Werekind books, and it's actually a spin off of the original Colorado wolves. The book will be rereleased very soon with minor changes and a new epilogue attached. All it's lacking right now is the formatting. Once that's out of the way, it will be ready to upload. I'll post an update with links after the files are uploaded to Smashwords. I'm very excited to be getting this story back on the shelf.

In other news, I should know within the next two weeks if my old projects and book covers will be salvagable. I'm waiting for a new IDE/SATA to USB cable to arrive so I can pick through the hardrive of my old Acer desktop. As it is, the comp is dead. It won't turn on, so...we'll see what happens once I pull the harddrive and pick through it...if it isn't fried. *bites nails* I hope it's okay. I've left the tower untouched all this time, waiting for when I felt strong enough to break out the tools and deal with the transfer. So, fingers crossed. The Acer has my covers and files for Vampyre Night, Wicked Temptation, and a few other books on it. I'll be so relieved if I'm able to rescue just that small handful of files! But if I can't retrieve them, sadly, I'll have to let them go.

Lastly, my website... Yes, yes, I need to update it. I've started working on it. I'm completely aware a lot of the books shown are out of print. New editions are on the way; I promise. That said, I better get to work. So much to do, so little time! ♥oxooxo

Oh! One more thing...I'm no longer syndicating through Networked Blogs. They completely changed their service, and I can't do another subscription fee right now. So, if you'd like to receive my blog posts elsewhere instead of visiting here, please follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or add me to your circles via Google+.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the release! Give me a shout if you want to do a blog post, etc.! So glad your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! Maybe we could do a blog swap once it releases? I still need to post about the book you sent me. I've been swamped with stuff at home since summer started, and I'm still racing to catch up. Let me know if you're interested.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good! Just give me a shout when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^