Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Breathing Easier


Whew! Deep breath! I haven't been to my blog in a while. I'm feeling better. (Again. Yes, I know. I had a relapse.) It's been a rough three months, but I'm having a good day today so I'm going to enjoy it. I'm not in pain right now, so that's a blessing all its own. *does the slippery socks dance*

Oldest is home from Bahrain, and home to stay. Well, at least until he figures out what he wants to do, where he wants to go, etc. etc. For now, we're enjoying a full household again: hubby, both boys, and me. Plus all the fur family members. I haven't been able to lounge around the living room with everyone yet, but I've been hobbling through there every so often, so I can see everyone and socialize.

Some of the worst of the worst stuff lingering from last year has finally wrapped up, our taxes are done, and I'm actually able to move around without screaming in agony. The overall picture: I'm finally breathing a sigh of relief. What's that popular saying? If you're going through the fire, don't stop, run so you can get through it as fast as you can. Something like that, anyway. That's my life right now. I'm running as fast as I can, trying to get somewhere better. I'm long overdue!

Last week, or maybe it was the week before, I managed to finish my new book. This is amazing, since I haven't been able to sit at a computer for several months now. Just in the past few weeks I've moved the laptop into the bedroom so I can tinker around with some words. I wrote a lot of the book on my phone, my ipod, and my kindle, and then emailed the pieces to myself. What a chore! But, I managed to piece it together. The book hovered around at the 30-40k mark for the longest time, but I finally broke through that barrier. It still needs work, but the draft is done and I have that big writerly heap of word clay to work with. I've been picking through it, trying to judge what's in there, what needs to be cut, what needs to be added in, etc.

While working on the novel, I also began cleaning up Crossing Borders to release on Smashwords. I've decided to add a considerable amount of story to it, and I've written several new scenes already. I like direction it's going, and I think it will resolve some old questions still left standing. Stuff I didn't realize I hadn't answered as a newbie writer. I'm also going to bring Seth more to the forefront, since I get a lot of questions about him. He's not the evil guy he's made out to be...just overprotective. I want to reinforce that in the book.

Anyway, I was thinking in broad terms about the series, and I believe it will be the best for the series overall if expand most of the books, repackage them as singles, and then as an omnibus. Then I ned to let them go. *dust in the wind*

When I'm a top form and can get back to my writing desk, I'm going to have plenty of revising and editing work to do on multiple books, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is PIZZA. Oh my god, I haven't been able to eat pizza since...January?  Maybe longer? Once I'm back to rights, that is the first thing I'm going to do - order a pizza. Canadian bacon with black olives, please! I can hardly wait! ☺

That's all for now. Until next time, happy wishes! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.