Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Wordy Weekend


Hurray for Friday! (Or Saturday, rather, since it's almost midnight) I'm thoroughly jazzed the weekend is here. Although I still can't ride in a car (the jarring around puts me in horrible pain), I'm able to get around the house fairly well. In the morning the guys are heading off to the Sunshine Festival, and it's a bummer I can't go. However, the guys have promised me that if the gator booth is open this year, they'll bring home some fried alligator on a stick - with dipping sauce, of course! ☺

For the past few days I've been enjoying all the Indie Recon posts. There are videos still posted for authors to check out when convenient. To find them, simply check the IndieRecon hashtag on twitter, or do a google search for Indie Recon 2015. There's a lot to take in. 

I read through part of the vamp manuscript today, and made a few notes on what's there and what isn't. After a while I switched over to working on the final revisions for Moonlight and Shadows. It's almost ready to be sent off to the formatter. I'll be thrilled to have it back in print, but I'm a little concerned about what to do with it when it's ready to go. I'm torn over how to price and distribute it. I'm playing around with the idea of offering it up for Kindle Select, and then enrolling it in the Kindle Unlimited program. As a reader, I love the Unlimited program; however, I've never tested it out from an author's side of the equation. I've heard horror stories - poor reader response, a pittance for royalties, some books taking a steep plunge in sales after doing well off the program, etc. Then again, Moonlight and Shadows is so short, I'm sure that I'll have a lot of reads and returns, anyway. That's the sucky part about writing and selling short stories, especially since Amazon makes it so easy to return ebooks. Either way, I'm going to try not to worry about it too much. I'll cross the distribution bridge when I get to it.  

Over the weekend, I hope to get some more revision done, and then check a book or two off my TBR stack. I bought a handful of a next books this afternoon to keep me entertained while the guys are doing their thing. Anyway, that's all for now... I need to hit the hay. So until next time, happy wishes. ☺

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cora, I'm very glad to read that you're doing a little bit better and that you're back enjoying the writing. I'm sure you will make the best decision about what to do with your book(s). I wish you a great weekend! Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy! Wishing you a great weekend as well, and a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.