Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rest and Writing

I'm feeling a bit better, finally! It's a challenge not to take off full speed and try to catch up on missed time, but I really have to take it easy. I don't want to end up back at square one. I don't think I could survive another month off my feet.

I took a couple days off writing last week. I couldn't sit at the computer for even five minutes without hurting all over. After about the third day, on the brink of going stir crazy, I moved my computer into the bedroom so I could work on my novel. Having the computer in here with me is a nice change, and yesterday, I managed to bump the story over the 30k mark.

I've kept my Kindle Fire close by as well. I've been Facebooking and Twittering that way. I actually prefer it. I've also kept the KF loaded with books, and yes, I'm still using Kindle Unlimited. Personally, I love the program. I can say that as a reader, but I know nothing about it from the writerly side of things, so don't quote me. The point is, I'm reading like a fiend, and lately I've been working my way through all the Richard Laymon books that I wanted to read but could never get my hands on. A couple of those books, after reading them in ebook format, I bought them in paper editions. I'm still waiting on Night in the Lonesome October to get here. I read it a couple of weeks ago and wasn't sure I liked it at first, but what kept coming to mind was the way it was written. The way the characters are presented on the page. I liked that about it, so I ordered a keeper copy for my bookshelf.

I'm a big fan of non-fiction and writerly craft books, too, and there are a ton of them on Unlimited. The thing is finding the good ones. I've picked up some that were excellent, others that were...eh, not so much. I'm currently reading a book called Sentence Xpert. Or something like that. I thought it would be a list of sentence variations, but really it's more or less taking sentences from popular books like The Joy Luck Club, stripping them down, and analyzing their structure. That's a totally Virgo thing to do with them, so I like it. Fascinating stuff.

That's all I've got for now. I'm about to take command of the kitchen and forage for some eats. Until next time, wishing you all the best. Oh...and Happy St. Patrick's Day! ♣ 



1 comment:

  1. I've just downloaded iStripper, and now I can watch the best virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^