Thursday, March 05, 2015

More Snow, More Writing

Today was another snow day. At this rate, the kids are going to have to go to school until June to make up for all the lost time. I don't remember the schools ever letting kids out this many days due to winter weather.

Wednesday actually started out sunny and warm. We ran the air conditioner for a while, then around 4 p.m., the temperature began to drop. We knew it was supposed to be cold over night, so I rushed around and turned on all the heaters.

I woke up around three a.m. and winds were slamming ice against the back of the house. It sounded like someone trying to scratch their way inside through the windows. For hours sleet raked across the exterior and the screen door. I listened to it until I fell back asleep. When I woke up a few hours later, the winds had died down and the yard was blanketed in ice.

Mini had no school due to the ice accumulation, and Hubby was home most of the day sleeping since he's working nights. It's been cozy and quiet here around the house. Uneventful. Mini played computer games on and off, and I worked on my novel. That's about the gist of it.

This weekend we have a lot of tidying and rearranging to do. Oldest is on his way home in a few weeks, and we've rearranged the house since he was last here. I suspect we'll have to pick a day and hit it hard. Arrange furniture, etc. Then rest. I can't afford to overdo it right now.

Aside from that, all is calm. All is well. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Until then...back to writing. •

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^