Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Happy Christmas Eve Eve 2014


Well, it's Christmas Eve-Eve. The guys are watching The Dark Crystal, and I'm preparing to wrap Christmas presents. Tomorrow morning, we're going to my parents' house to celebrate with them, have Christmas dinner, and open presents. As per our family tradition, Christmas morning is spent at home, just hubby, the kids, and me. The kiddos get to open the presents that Santa brought overnight, and we have a smaller Christmas dinner - nothing formal. Of course, Oldest won't be here with us this year; he's still stationed in Bahrain, so it doesn't feel quite the same. Nevertheless, we're trying to make it as fun and memorable as possible for MiniBeast.

With the year almost over, and thank goodness for that, I've started to look toward 2015. Actually, I started looking toward 2015 at the end of October and set my intentions then. I've treated the last few months of 2014 as a kind of warm up period for building new habits. No resolutions for me this year, only intentions. I want to relax, slow my pace, and finish what I start. I want to both live my life and lift my creative energy to a higher vibration. 2014 has been a very dark place for me. I'm ready to shed that old vibe and move on to the next level. No mucking around in what used to be.

For Christmas this year, I wish for personal peace. I wish to tie up loose ends so I can let them go. That all sounds terribly cliche, but when you've been through the fire all year, been smothered under a perpetual dung heap of stress and personal troubles, getting to a place of peace again is pretty much all you can think about. I'll leave it at that.

So off I go to wrap presents, drink more tea, and take some more sinus meds. It's the season for feeling better (hopefully soon!) and dreaming big. However you choose to celebrate, or even if you don't, I wish you peace. ❄❄❄

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best for a brighter 2015. 2014 was dark for me as well. Lost loved ones, saw my dad's health go down fast with Parkinson's. I just hope this new year is better for everyone. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a brighter 2015 as well, Nancy, and I'm very sorry to hear about your dad and loved ones. 2014 was a straight up terrible year. Like you said, here's hoping 2015 better (and easier) for everyone. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.