Saturday, September 27, 2014

Remember me?

Remember me?  I've been so focused on studying lately I haven't had time for much else. I wish that was an exaggeration. The house has stayed a mess since the first week of school, I can barely keep up with the laundry (I've stopped trying with the dishes), and I'm doing good to get four hours of sleep a night. I've even had several dreams where I'm looking down at my notebooks, and they're filled with Algebra problems. I'm ready for the end of the semester. My brain needs a rest.

Next semester, I'm going to cut down on the classes. Four is really too many at one time. I have two professors who like to substitute actual instruction with heaping on of homework. That doesn't teach anyone anything. You're so busy trying to rush through it, you don't absorb anything. With my other two classes, I'm not receiving any instruction at all. I'm basically paying the cost per credit hour to read a textbook. No more, no less. I hope studying closely will be enough to pass the finals, because I really don't want to have to retake any classes.

I wish I had something more exciting to say, but the reality is that these past six weeks have been a complete blur.  Oh! I guess there is one exciting thing I can talk about. Last week marked the first leg of the writing workshop I've been giving on critical reading skills for writers. We have one more week to go. Everyone has been so pleasant and patient with me, especially when I was having tech issues. I'm eternally grateful for that. (And I'm hopeful these tech issues aren't a sign on what's to come for next month's Mercury retrograde!)

This afternoon, after I cleared out all my maths for the week, I planned to relax and lounge on the couch, but I ended up putting together a new storage shelf instead. It's the type that fits six bins. With the new shelf I'm able to get all my books up off the floor. I had them sitting in a basket across the room. So that's one thing I can scratch off my to-do list. Now if only I could have hubby build a linen closet, we'd be set.

That's all for now. I'm going to take a hot bubble bath and settle in to do some reading. American History. I have a quiz coming up. C'est la vie. Until next time, happy wishes! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.