I'm late to the party! I just learned about the A Snog for Sommer tour. Authors are posting kissing scenes and excerpts, as well as giving away goodies in an effort to help support our writerly friend, Sommer Marsden. If you can spare a few dollars for the cause, please visit the SmutForGood.com.uk website. Every donation is appreciated!
Since I jumped in unprepared, I thought I'd take a different approach. Instead of excerpts, how about some facts about snogging...aka, kissing? Interested? Sure you are! ;o)
Here we go!
- Kissing relieves stress.
- The world's longest kiss lasted over two days!
- Most people tilt their head to the right when the kiss.
- A person who studies kissing is called an osculologist.
- Philematology is the study of kissing.
- Kissing for 60 seconds burns approximately two calories.
- A law in Indiana and Iowa prohibits men with mustaches from kissing women in public. Sorry, Burt Reynolds!
- According to Psychology Today, the average person spends about 20 thousand minutes of their life kissing
- 68% of people close their eyes while kissing.
Instead of drawing for a single prize for only one winner, I'm doing something a little different. From now until September 20th, I'm offering What She Doesn't Know for FREE at Smashwords. When you go to the page, it will show the regular price. Simply use the code PL65E (be sure to apply it!) at checkout for a 100% discount. What She Doesn't Know is a collection of short erotic stories, so please - readers 18 and older only.
Once more, in the spirit of the tour, please consider making a donation to help Sommer's family. You can find out all the details at SmutForGood.com.uk. ♥♥♥