Wednesday, July 09, 2014

My Summer, Summer, Summer...Turns Me Upside Down

A cozy summer rain shower as seen
from the patio.

I have so much going on right now and so little time to cover everything. Last month an astrologer friend told me July was going to be a busy month for me. I thanked her and sort of let the news roll down my back, but man, she wasn't kidding!

I wrapped up A Trick of Light last month and immediately began revisions on the cowboy story. The cowboys are an ongoing headache. I got the edits back for Wicked Obsession last week, and just today I managed to work my way through the list of suggested changes. I want to read through it one more time, then it's off to a friend's formatting service to be formatted for both Smashwords and CreateSpace. When I know how many pages the finished formatted product will have, I'll start worrying about the cover. I have a stub cover ready, but I want to make a few improvements to it before the book goes live. I'm still buried under back list books that need my attention, and I can see already it's going to take time to sort it all out. Breathe, Cora. One book at a time. I have to tell myself that daily.

On the 1st of July, I registered for fall semester. I'm officially a Delta Knight. (If you've ever seen that movie, you know why I'm giggling about that.) I received my student ID a couple of days ago, so everything processed and is on track for August. I go in for orientation and to speak to my adviser next Monday. Once that's done, I'll be free and clear to focus on my Savvy Author's workshop that's coming up on the 21st.

Whew! That makes me twitchy just thinking about it. I won't have another free day until after August 3rd, and then I'll only have two weeks free until school starts for both Mini and me. I'm thinking an early August vacation is in order...if I've gone off my rocker by then. ;o)

That's all the news for now. I need to start the laundry and go pick around in the kitchen and start dinner. Until next time, happy wishes!

In the spirit of Summer, click here and *dance, dance* with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.