|Available at Smashwords for .99 cents|
In the meantime, I've been steadily ripping into the Headache Project I blogged about post-Valentine's Day. This is the full novel I was talking about. I read through the entire thing, made notes, and wrote out a detailed synopsis. I'm not sold on the beginning that I've written, and like I've said before, I see two other options for how this tale could/should kick off. I'll be "synopsizing" (my new fave word, heh) two new beginnings over the weekend just to test the waters and see if I like either of the new options better.
Based on what I have, I like the story from chapter seven onward. Or rather, I'm more confident about the story from chapter seven onward. The beginning is okay. Iffy, but it's passable. A different publisher probably wouldn't bat an eye at the opening I've constructed. However, I'm not sure that I'm hitting the targeted line's magic buttons yet. But I'm working on it!
Once I have the direction of the second draft sorted out so that I know what I need to write, I will head off into the writing cave to retool the scenes that missed the mark, as well as fill in any plot holes and add in missing scenes. I'm not calling this one a Headache Project for nothing! I'm trying to cut myself some slack about it, since this is the first time I've attempted to write for this line. But who am I kidding? I'm totally freaking out inside. Carry on, nothing to see here!
Now for March... Break out your calendars, because I have a lot of interesting things coming up next month. Check it out.
- First things first, throughout March, I will begin re-releasing my backlist through Smashwords. It could take several months to get them all re-edited and uploaded. There are a lot of boosk to post. Most of the re-releases are Werekind series books, but also some of my erotica books, as well as The Immortal Lovers series books. I'll blog more about this as each story is re-released.
- I'll be attending the 2014 Margie Lawson Workshop hosted by the Nola Stars chapter of RWA in Shreveport on March 1st. If you're attending, I hope you'll say hi!
- The 9 Years of Sommer event kicks off on March 1st. Author Sommer Marsden is celebrating nine fabulous years as a writer. I'm a participating author in the blog event, and I will be giving away a lipstick prize package on March 18th - which is my blogging day. (More about this posted below!)
- March 17th, St. Patrick's Day, I'll be having a green theme giveaway, so be sure to check drop by for that!
- March 31st, I will be doing an exclusive prize drawing for my newsletter subscribers, so if you're not already subscribed to my mailing list, visit my website at www.corazane.com and sign up today!
The 9 Years of Sommer blogstravaganza I told you about above is kicking off on March 1st. Author Sommer Marsden has arranged an awesome lineup of erotica authors participating in the event, which pretty much lasts the full month of March, give or take a few days. I'll be over at her blog on March 18th to talk about my ebook How to Date an Android, and I'll be giving away a special lipstick prize package to one reader for commenting on that day.
Whew! Talk about March madness - I'm gonna have some going on. Hmm. I'd rather think of it as Magical March. Hey, I like that. I think I'll keep it. ;o) That's all for now. As always, if you'd like to connect with me, I can be found here on the blog, as well as through Facebook and Twitter.
Until next time...happy wishes! ♥♥♥