Thursday, January 02, 2014

300,000 Words To Go

I'm taking a slightly different approach to writing this year. I'll be tracking my project by project word counts, but I'm also setting a year end writing goal of 300,000 words.

I have no idea if I can write that much, since I've never tracked my yearly total before. But I figured that's a safe estimate. Several friends wrote over 500k last year. Holy smokes, that's a lot of words. I'm superdy impressed!

I'm using the 300k as a baseline test. Next year I'll have a better idea of what I can actually do and what I can't, so that takes some of the pressure off that big end goal. It's all trial and error at this point.

A friend sent me over to Svenja Liv's website for an excel spreadsheet to track my progress. I chose the forest fairy spreadsheet, but they have several different themes to choose from. There are even some Supernatural (TV series) spreadsheets. Donations to the creator are welcome, but the downloads are free. It's worth a look!

Spreadsheets URL:  http://svenjaliv.com/category/resources/spreadsheets/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.