Monday, December 09, 2013

Writerly Weekend Bliss

Today's picture actually happened on Sunday, December 8th. Poor SassiePup. She was cold and tired after romping in the backyard and digging holes with JakeDog. Mini let her and Jake in through the back door, and SassiePup dashed into the den where I was cozied up on the couch watching Futurama. 

With no further ado, she decided to join in. She jumped up on the couch and fell backwards onto me. Within minutes she was snuggled up and fast asleep. During that snuggling in time, MiniBeast came back to the couch, and we all covered up with a flannel blanket. (That's Mini's big toe at the bottom of the picture, by the way.) That picture pretty much describes my entire Sunday. Warm and homey. Total relaxation bliss. 

On to writerly things, I'm on the 2nd draft of my Desire novel, and it's moving along nicely. I recently downloaded Scrivener, and I'm going to give it a shot. I think if I can see my novel broken down on screen, it will help me push through this treacherous round of rewrites to the final draft. And yes, it's definitely going to need another round of rewrites. As it stands, the story is there, but it's très clunky. More power needed for this one, Dr. Frankenstein. Back to the lab. 

My vamp novel is cruising along. It's around 43k and growing. I love, love, love this story. It has lots of intense emotion and action, and so many unexpected things have popped up while writing it. Not only that, but despite the large size of the cast, all the characters fit together so well. I do believe this story is going to be my new favorite.

I'm moving ahead with Austin's story as well. It's in the deep planning stages, and a lot of writing has been done on it already. I anticipate this book being available in 2014, if I can keep up my current schedule. I have a lot of ideas for the series that I really can't talk about at the moment. I'll post updates as soon as I'm able. 

Last but not least, I have a dark fantasy erotic romance sitting on my desk ready for edits. I haven't decided whether I'm going to submit it somewhere or publish it myself. If I do end up publishing it myself, it will probably be one of the first books in my publishing cue for 2014. So, there's that. 

Whew. Okay. Yes, I have a lot of writerly happenings going on. Now to complete them, get them edited (or submitted), and take the next step forward. A writerly friend and I have been jumping feet first into 2014. She has convinced me to start setting an overall word count goal for the year. For example: 400,000 words. I'm going to do that. I just haven't settled on a number yet. At any rate, my New Year's resolution for 2014 is to write more and without fear. Emphasis on the without fear part. 
  
Another thing coming up in 2014...I'm doing away with my yahoo group. If you're interested in hearing about my new releases, writerly tidbits, and other good news, please consider signing up for my email newsletter. Starting in January, I'll be doing a quarterly giveaway. A winner will be chosen from my subscriber list at the release of each new issue. Also in January, I will be featuring an article on voice. If you're a writer and struggling to understand voice and style, you won't want to miss the next issue of my newsletter. To sign up (it's 100% free), visit my website and fill in the handy-dandy sign up box

That's all for now. I'm off to let KippyCat in the house and work on rewrites. Wherever you are, I hope you're staying warm and cozy. Until next time. Happy wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^