Monday, December 02, 2013

December Already

Lighted Gazebo in Cat Refuge
It's December, y'all. It doesn't feel like it, yet. Not to me. Maybe once we put up the tree and decorate the house, it will start feeling more seasonal. Tomorrow I'm going to start with the decorations. Hubby will be home, and he can help me get the tree out of the storage shed. From there, I can handle the rest, although I'm sure Mini will want to help decorate the tree.

Thanksgiving went well. It rained all week right up until Thanksgiving day, which kind of bummed out Mini. He wanted to play outside, but it was rainy and super cold. He also wanted to go to his grandma's, but we figured he'd probably be bored within a day given the weather - so, we made him wait until Thursday. On Thanksgiving day, he packed his bag, and we took off to visit my parents. It was a low key, cozy dinner. And the sun came out. The boy was so happy to be able to romp outside. We all had a really good time. We stayed a few hours, then sans Mini, hubby and I came home to the furbabies. Hubby had to go back to working nights the following Friday, so I ended up spending much of the weekend home by myself. I spent most of my time snuggled up with the critters and writing.

Speaking of writing, I managed 32k on my NaNoWriMo project this year. Not a winner, but I've made good, forward strides on this project. I'm happy with it so far. I should have this expanded draft finished in another 2 weeks, give or take. It won't be much longer before it's finished. Then I can print it up and start tearing the story apart again. Sigh. I hate revisions.

I know I shouldn't fuss about revision. Until yesterday, I had no way to print out a hard copy. On Sunday, I drove to Mom and Dad's to pick up Mini and bring him back home. I ended up having lunch with them, and directly afterward, dad went out to his work shop and brought back a Canon printer. It's a sign shop printer, and it still works great, but he bought a new one with a higher DPI to use with his vector programs (to make vinyl graphics/stickers), so he's no longer using the Canon. It's been in storage for a few months, but it's otherwise in great shape/working, etc. He gave me the software and the printer. Full of happy, I dragged it home.

I didn't take it out of the car right away. I needed to make room for it before bringing it inside. Initially, I planned to set it up tonight. Then hubby surprised me yesterday. He didn't know anything about the Canon Dad gave me, so he bought me a new printer - an HP Deskjet 2542 from Wally World. So now I have these two printers to choose from. Mini's going to help me set up the HP tonight. I'm going to use it first, not because it's new, but because hubby bought extra ink cartridges for it. So yay! I can print my brains out already. I have a storage box, and I'm going to put the Canon in the closet for emergencies. Or, in case Dad's new printer goes kaput. At any rate, I'm happy to be able to printy print.

That's all I've got for now. I'm off to check on MiniBeast and visit with Hubby before he leaves for work. Until next time, wishing you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^