Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cozy Weekend :: 23 Years

Happy 23rd Anniversary to hubby and me!  We went to lunch on Friday and did some shopping. Basically, we picked up a handful of five dollar horror movies to watch over the weekend, and I picked up some Halloween stationery. This is my favorite time of year to buy office supplies. I love all the cute skulls, bats, and ghosts printed on everything.

Anyway, that's about the extent of the anniversary festivities for us this year, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I never brush off a chance to lounge around the house with the man. This is our secret to a happy marriage. It's not so much where you go or what you do, but who you're with that counts.  

We're still without hot water, and who knows when we'll have the gas lines reworked. Did I even blog about that before? Hmm. I can't remember. Anyway, the gas servicemen came out to our house and detected a gas leak. So, no propane to heat the house. We can't use the hot water heater or the stove. So, we've been using a hot plate to cook on and heat water for baths. It's not fun, but it's functional. Sort of like camping 24/7 at home.

Anyway, on our shopping expedition, which was mainly about buying groceries, I picked up a few bins for my office. I'll post a picture of my newly organized shelves very soon. I also picked up a copy of Bella Andre's I Only Have Eyes For You. I'd intended to purchase a copy of Janice Maynard's latest Wolff brothers story (Harlequin Desire), but my area Walmart can't seem to get their crap together and carry the books each month. They might have them August and September, for example, then they won't shelve Desires again until February. It's very frustrating, since that's the Harlequin line I prefer to read. If I want the books each month, I have to go on a scavenger hunt across northern Louisiana trying to find the latest books. I used to do that, but with the shelving inconsistency, I'm no longer willing to spend the gas money.

Last night I finished reading Richard Laymon's Beware, which arrived in the mail on Friday. His books aren't for everyone, but I love the way he puts his words together. Since there are a finite number of Laymon books out there, I've been looking for other authors with a similar writing style. Sadly, I haven't found anyone that compares. I'll have to keep searching.

On to writerly things, I'm a guest over at Nancy Henderson's blog today. Yay! Drop by and take a peek at my excerpt from my new release A Trick of Light. It's a snip from my story The Ghost Train. Perfect for Halloween!

Nancy will be a guest here on the blog tomorrow, October 28th. Her book, Shadow's Promise is being featured. I hope you'll drop by to say hello. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^