Thursday, August 01, 2013

August 1st :: Thursday Grind

Hmm. It's been a few days since I last posted, so I'm not sure if I've already mentioned that I recently finished the draft for my category novel.

I wrapped up all the loose ends a couple of days ago, and I've set the manuscript aside for a couple of days before I print it up. Definitely need some distance from that project before I begin breaking it down for revisions. Once I start working on this book again, I won't stop until I finish the rewrites.

That said, I have a lot to do this weekend. I have a workshop proposal to complete and turn in, and I'm trying to blast my way through the rough draft of a new novella for EC. Today's pic shows a couple of the index cards from the EC project. It will probably go over the estimated word count, but I'm okay with that.

I'm still working on edits for Trick of Light. The cover is finished, and I've made a half dozen passes over the story I'm currently stuck on. I'm going to wrap that one up tonight, though. I've written off a block of time to tackle the project. Onward and upward, as it were.

So that's what I've got going on in my universe. That said - holy cow, it's August. My birthday month and month of woe. Everything snowballs on me in August. This year I'm anticipating it. School starts soon for Mini, and I have a testing date coming up. Incidentally, I'm trying to get as much finished as possible before our schedules change again. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.