Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday's Waffle : Note Cards, Writing Projects, and Outing Ideas

It's been a cozy, rainy day. A few hours ago I finished editing the third story going into the Trick of Light collection. Only two stories left to go, and I've already begun making a pass over the fourth story. It's coming along nicely. I'll post more as the book progresses.

I've also been working on the book I recently got the full request for. Last night I put my outline on note cards to look for plot holes. I'm so glad I did that. There's a really big plot hole around chapter three that still needs filling in, which is what I've been working on today.

Tomorrow I'm taking Mini out for dip cones, then we're going to visit my mom and dad while hubby is off work. I've been spending a lot of time writing, and school starts in three weeks. I want to do something fun for Mini before he's caught up in the whole school routine again, but at the same time, we're trying to conserve money.

If I had my way, I'd like to take a trip to Broken Bow, Oklahoma, which would be part vacation, part research trip, but I doubt we'll be able to arrange it until later in the year. Until then, I keep doing little things like trips to the park, trips to get ice cream, and trips to the library because it's free to do those things. Still, I imagine he gets tired of the same old thing. I know I do.

The next full weekend hubby gets off work, maybe we can take a drive over to the zoo. I asked Mini if he wanted to go, and he was like, "Yeah! I've never been to the zoo." We've taken him several times, but apparently he was too young to remember it. So that's an option. It will be a fun family outing, and it will seem new to Mini - at least I hope so. Some of my favorite pictures are of the boat ride we took the last time we were there. He might get there and say, oh, now I remember, I've done that already. We'll see.

I'd also like to take a trip over to the bookstore. The last time I was there they were moving in a used book section. It looked like a lot of junk on several of the shelves. I'm hoping they take a cue from Hastings and allow quality used books, and not just a bunch of paperback tossers.

That's all for now. Hubby will be home any minute, and I still need to let the doggies out. Until next time, happy wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^