Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Writing Update

I'm dog tired, but it's worth it. I stayed up  late and into the wee hours of the morning with a writing buddy, and ended up writing 4k on my current wip. I have five chapters left to sketch in and I will have an extremely rough draft. Rough, but complete. Then I can start layering in and rewriting. 

Before we got started working on our projects, my writing buddy and I wrote out full synopsis for our stories. It was a major headache to do, but I'm glad I did it. I've been able to set up my book just using the synopsis. And when I transferred all the information from the synopsis to index cards, I was able to see what scenes I had and what scenes were still needed.

There were a lot if plot holes, but I'm gradually filling them in. And I've found all these little pockets of story for foreshadowing and tying up threads I didn't know realize we're loose threads. 

So far I'm happy with the progress I'm making. The real challenge will begin once I start rewriting and shaping the scenes. 

That's all for now. It's relatively quiet here these days, so there really isn't much to report. I'm sure that will change when Mini starts school in three weeks. 

Take care, and I hope you have a happy Monday. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.