Saturday, June 01, 2013

Leave the Rest to Fate

Summer dreaming. Wish I was there.
Photo by me. (Taken at Jax Beach, FL)
Earlier today I fixed the questionable beginning of one of my stories, and I'm breathing a sigh of relief over that. I still have some work to do on this project, but I'm taking it one step at a time. I'm behind on it, and I've got so much going on at home the time management to juggle everything is killing me. An hour here, and hour there...and by the afternoon, I'm wondering where the time went. Either I'll finish that story tonight, or I won't. I'm going to keep working on it and leave the rest to fate.

Hazel kitty is doing better, but I'm not getting my hopes up. She's more responsive, and she's taking a bit more liquids. However, she's still very fragile. She had an intense seizure today. It lasted for about two minutes, and afterwards, she had a nosebleed. There's not a lot I can do except keep her comfortable. She's stomaching the antibiotics well, but I have to force feed it to her. No fun. I was up with her until four in the morning. I went to bed around that time. I woke up briefly at six a.m., then I got up for the day at 10. I feel like a walking zombie. As for Hazel, I've had her with me all day. 

First thing this morning, I checked in on my classes, and the professors were saying something about an issue with one of the quizzes we took last week, or the week before last. I checked my quizzes, and it shows I never took the second test. The major one worth the most points. The hard deadline has passed, so when I retook the test I didn't get a score for it. And I know I took it the first time because I remembered the questions. So, I got a big fat zero on one of my main quizzes. Yay. If I weren't so tired and frazzled, I'd probably raise a ruckus. But, it's just a MOOC, and at this point, I can't hardly muster the energy to care. 

Now that June is here, we're done with birthdays until August. No more party planning for a few months, although I'm pretty sure we'll end up over at the lake again. I also promised Mini more trips to the park and the library. As for my personal goals, I just want to finish some of these projects I have lying around.

So there you have it. Not much else is going on thankfully. Next week, though, I have to schedule a proxy test. I'll swim that moat when I get to it. I guess. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.