Wednesday, June 12, 2013

In The Summertime

Glorious summer. One of my classes ended yesterday, and I have another ending later this week. The third doesn't end until July, then I'm taking the rest of the summer off to brush up on math skills before plunging in for a new round of academic torture this fall.

Since we're short on cash, I've been getting creative with our "fun day" plans. Rather than going on expensive outings with Mini during the week, I've made more economical choices - more library and park visits, and visits to the lake when hubby has the day off.

On Monday we bought a box of chicken and fries and went out to the park for a family picnic. Mini played on the swings and slides, and hubby ran into someone from work who had taken his kids out there as well. You'd think there would be more kids at the park this time of year, but after the other family left, we were the only folks out there. We stayed until it got too hot, then came home and lounged in the air conditioning. The guys watched movies, and I wrote for a while.

I'm supposed to meet up with friends this Friday for a library date. I'm sure we'll be chatting about books. I need to head back over to the library anyway. I want to check out a copy of Water for Elephants (I saw it on the shelf the last time I went in), and I'd like to see if they have any Alice Borchardt books available.

Sunday is Father's Day, and I think we are having a family gathering at mom and dad's house - a BBQ probably. I'm game for that. I still need to pick up cards for both Hubby and my dad. As for gifts, I have no idea what to buy for either of them. They have very niche interests, and enough junk to last them both a lifetime. Maybe gift cards. We'll see.

That's all for now. I'm about to put some brown rice in the rice cooker and set some squash to steaming. Then I have to figure out what to do with the lump of ground beef thawing in the sink. Just meat and gravy, maybe? I'm sure Mini will let me know, yay or nay. ♦

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.