Saturday, June 08, 2013

Feeling Bookish

What a busy Saturday!  I did eleventy billion things, and whew! I'm exhausted. I had to run errands, and one of those errands was to take back my library books. They were due Friday, but I had two class projects to finish, and a close friend needed help with editing a difficult piece that day, so I didn't get around to it then.

I went today, instead, and my book fine was a whopping .10 cents. A good thing really since I'm short on cash. I spent way too much time browsing the bookshelves, and in the end, picked out books I've already read. I rechecked out Houses of Stone (Barbara Michaels) and The Wolf Gift (Anne Rice). I also picked out a book I've never heard of before called: This Year You write Your Novel. (Walter Mosley) The Walter Mosley book is fairly short. Only a hundred pages or thereabouts, so I'm starting off the stack by reading that one. I'll post my thoughts on Goodreads once I've read it. And yes, I know, I know...I have a pile of half read books listed at Goodreads. I need to make an effort to get those books off my stack.

Sunday's itinerary is to revise, write, do some reading for the sake of reading, and to lounge as much as possible. It's been a stressful week. Next week is looking like it will be busy, too. But in a fun way. I'm going to be meeting up with friends to catch up, and chat books. Sounds good to me. ♥

That's all for now. I have laundry to finish, and I don't know how much longer I can keep my eyes open. So sleeeepy... Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.