Friday, May 17, 2013

Weekend Writing Plans

On Thursday I made a revision pass over the erotica story that's due soon. I added in an additional sex scene and reworked the transitions. That boosted the overall word count by a little over 1k. From this point on, I have to be very careful I don't overwork the piece. I don't want to go over the word count and have to cut, cut, cut to make the story work.

I'll be making an additional pass over the draft once the sun is up. (It's technically 1:45 Friday morning as I'm writing this.) The beginning is really rough, but I'm not going to touch that part until the rest of the story is straightened out. Beginnings never used to be a problem for me, but lately they've been a major thorn in my paw. I don't know what the deal is, but it's been really difficult sticking the beginning for this particular story. At any rate, finishing this piece is my goal for this weekend. I'll be working on this story until it's wrapped up, polished, and sent off. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^