Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wednesday Cuteness


Happy hump day. I'm posting pictures of my little Hazel Rah, my pick of the litter, to make the blogging day cheery. Hazel is roughly five weeks old and is a special needs kitty, but she's also a first class snuggle beast. You can click on her pictures to enlarge them.

The short story I'm currently working on is in tatters, and the deadline is looming. I'm giving myself today and tomorrow to get this one knocked out since Friday is my mom's birthday. I worked on scene one of my short story until the wee hours of the morning and made pretty good progress, but there's still a lot to be done. I wish I weren't such a slow poke when it comes to revising, but I can't help it. I agonize over every word. It's an illness, I swear. When I read on Facebook or twitter that someone has revised fifty pages in a day, I'm seriously impressed. I have no idea how they do it.

On a more positive note, I'm working with a critique partner again. Yay! I'm very excited about that. I've been working on my own for several months, but I'm going to need a fresh set of eyes for a novel I'm working on, as well as other projects I have down the line. This is a major change for me, and I'm feeling really good about it.

It's fairly calm around the house these days. I'm taking three MOOC classes to prepare for the fall semester at Delta. I'm glad I decided to take the MOOCs first, because I was thinking about taking a full plate of traditional courses over the summer. I'm glad I didn't do that. I'd be insane by now. I can tell already three is going to be the max I can handle at one time. There's no way I could handle it all: family, classes full time, and writing. There simply aren't enough hours in the day.

Anyway,  lots of changes, trying new things, and breaking new territory going on. All this newness and change is kind of scary in some ways, but I'm working my way through it one step at a time. ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^