Monday, May 27, 2013

Lazy Birthday Weekend

On Saturday we had Mini's birthday party at Jimmy Davis State Park. A few friends dropped by, and my parents were there to celebrate. Mini had a great time, which is the important thing.

The two pictures in this post were taken at the pier. The guys were grilling hot dogs and Mini was restless to get to the beach. It was too soon for swimming so Mom, Mini, and I walked to the pier to give him something to do. He loved looking at the large lily pads. Gorgeous view.

After lunch, we cleaned up the picnic area we'd used then made our way down to the beach. I waded in the lake with Mini, and managed to come away with a light sunburn. Thankfully Mini had enough SPF slathered on him to keep him burn free.

We made it home around three in the afternoon, and from that point onward, we lounged around, surfed the web, played games, and killed the rest of the birthday cake. Overall, it was a nice, easy going day. My favorite kind.

Sunday was just as laid back. Hubby doesn't have to go in to work until Tuesday, so we're going to have plenty of "together" time. In other words, we chat for a few minutes here and there then go to do our own thing.

In the morning, I going to spring for donuts then work on the story due this coming Friday - which is my Mom's birthday. From that point on, I'll be clear to do my own thing, wrap up other projects, or whatever.

That's all for now. It's almost one in the morning, so I'm about to shut down for the night and hit the sack. Happy Memorial Day, everyone.


Click to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. I love lily pads. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was, Nancy. A relaxing, no-pressure kind of day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.