Monday, April 15, 2013

Hanging On For The Ride

I have class in the morning, and I'm kinda dreading it since I have to start thinking about the next project assignment. Sigh. Yes, already. This class is a tad disorganized, and I sincerely hate the way these projects are overlapping - but, it is what it is. Honestly, as helpful as this class has been, I'm ready for it to be over.

On a happy note, Spring Break is next week. I won't be out, but Mini will be, and that will lighten the responsibility load somewhat. I won't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get the bear on the school bus. Too, he can keep me company while I sit through all these boring lectures I have scheduled. He's great company, and I'm sure we'll find some fun, crafty things to do while he's home. I have a whole case of sheet foam we haven't used yet, and a brand new pack of pastels to color with, so I'm sure we'll come up with something. 

I've been primarily studying and reading in my down time, but I'm still writing every chance I get. I've made efforts to maintain a daily word count, even if the count is small. I recently checked the word count for one of the novels I'm currently working on, and when I totaled up all the chapters, it's sitting at 41k. Awesomeness. Glad to see the words are adding up. The manuscript is a bit patchy at the moment, but I'm not too worried. I'm just going to keep plugging away at the draft, and when it's finished, then I'll go back and read everything to make note of what's missing before I start working on draft number two.

I'm also working on a couple of short stories, a few of them I hope to put out over the summer if I can pull everything together while still taking classes. I also have to keep in mind the cost of editing and formatting, since I'm planning to hire someone once I have everything ready to go. 

At any rate, life is moving full steam ahead. I'm grabbing on with both hands and hanging on for the ride. We'll see what happens. I read over at Zoe Moon's blog that lots of positive Taurus energy is going to be flowing this week, so hopefully that means we'll all be productive and get a lot of stuff done. That's all for now. I hope you have a great week! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^