Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Basket O' Kitties

Basket O' Kitties
So, one of the neighbor's cats had her kittens in a tool basket in our laundry room cabinet. Not knowing what to do with the kitties, since I'm 100% positive the neighbor will deny the cats are theirs (I know better), I put mom cat and her babies in a blanket lined laundry basket in my bedroom so she'd have a safe place and privacy to nurse them.

At this point, my biggest fear is she will abandon one of them. There are six kits, and they are teeny weeny. Well, mom has this habit of taking one kitten from the basket and moving it to our bed - in the middle of the night, no less, when we're trying to sleep. She does this with the fussiest, loudest kitten in the litter, and I think she started out doing this to separate it from the others to nurse her alone.

Now she simply puts the kit in the bed with us as if the say, "Here, grandma and grandpa humans, you watch this kit for me while I go about doing my cat business." *_* Um, no, you hussy. Get in your kitty rump in the basket bed and nurse your kitties.

This went on over and over last night. I'm so bloody exhausted I can barely see straight. I'm going to have to ask around if there's someone nearby I can borrow a crate from until these kitties are grown enough to be weaned. That said, a nap is definitely happening today. #zombified

Fussbudget in action. Mew, mew, mew. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^