Saturday, February 09, 2013

Smoke Free Saturday

Happy No-Smoking Anniversary to me. On this day thirteen years ago, I quit smoking. Without a doubt, one of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm thankful every day I'm not wandering around in perpetual need of a cigarette. Or smoking myself to death at my desk while writing.

To everyone out there in the process of quitting, or thinking about quitting, I'm behind you 100 percent. Stay strong. Be determined. Hang in there!

Today's photo is by C. Teber. You can see more of his work by clicking this link to his stock.xchng profile. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 7+ years for me, my husband, my mom, and my sister! I don't know what did it for you, but for me? Changing how I looked at smoking. Stopped viewing it as a reward or as something good. Quitting wasn't punishment, it was a gift, and, like you, I am happy every day that I quit!

    I enjoyed reading!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you and your family have quit, too! Thanks for dropping by, Kris. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^