Thursday, January 24, 2013

My So-Much-To-Do List

Found an old "travel photo" I took of Innsmouth in SecondLife a year or so ago.
Click to enlarge

I have a laundry list of things to do today. First things first, I plan to wrap up a freelance project and send the pages back. I don't like to keep anyone waiting. I also have a few business-y emails to send, and I need to finish up a blog post I've been working on since yesterday. Oh, and sometime tomorrow, I have to go outside and reattach the dryer vent JakeDog detatched and discarded in the back yard. Sigh. The big galoot strikes again.

Anyway, I have to get as much done as possible today (it's about 3:30 a.m. Thursday morning) because hubby's birthday is this weekend. We're planning to have a gathering over at mom and dad's that day. We're going to grill burgers and have cake and ice cream - that sort of thing - and I don't want to be distracted by other stuff. If I have something half finished, I'll obsess over it when I should be having a good time. 

With that in mind, Friday I'll probably be baking, and I need to pick up a card for Hubby. We've already agreed on an Amazon gift card for his birthday, since there's a specific Steampunk book he wants to order. That really saves me over shopping for a gift. He's the guy who has everything. It's really hard to shop for him. In all honesty, I never would've guessed he wanted a book. His interests are geared more toward gaming rather than reading. 

Speaking of books and all that, I'm currently reading The Cabin in the Woods by Tim Lebbon. Yes, it's the official movie novelization. I admit I have an addiction to reading novelizations of movies. Novelizations and books that are later turned into movies. I like being able to read how an author describes people or a scene, and then being able to see the visual representation. I don't know why, but it has always fascinated me. 

The first novelization I ever read was Alien, by Alan Dean Foster. It was my dad's book, and I was drawn in by the scary looking green egg on the cover. At the time, I had not seen the movie. (The one made in 1979.) The book got tossed onto a stack of novels mom hauled outside for a garage sale. Book rescuer that I am, I sneaked back to my room with Alien, and with Stephen King's Night Shift. I was eight or nine at the time. Good memories. :o)

Anyway, it's about time for lights out. I have to get up in a few hours to dress Mini for school and put him on the school bus. Then I shall drink copious amounts of tea and work on wrapping up that hard-headed fairy story for the collection that is taking.forever.to.finish. It's just one of those things, I guess. 

Happy Thursday, everyone. I hope everything goes well for you. I'm going to do my best to be productive - and yes, I've got my fingers crossed about that. If I can take care of everything I need to do during the daylight hours, I'll be free to listen to my favorite radio show tonight. A small thing, I know, but every little incentive counts. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.