Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holly Jolly Days

MiniBeast putting ornaments
on the Disco Tree.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

While tomorrow is technically Christmas Eve, we're going over to my parents' house for dinner. I'm making a potato salad right now (taters, they are a'boiling!), since the house is fairly quiet. In the morning, I'll put Mini in the bath, then we'll all go over the parents' house to eat and open gifts. This year we've tried to make this all as stress free as possible. My kind of Christmas!

Afterward, I imagine we'll come home and lounge around, nap, and watch TV. That sort of thing. I'm totally looking forward to it.

Each year we celebrate with my parents, and then Christmas morning, it's just us - hubby, me, and the kids. Of course, this year, we will only have MiniBear home with us, since Oldest is serving in Bahrain. It was tough missing Oldest at Thanksgiving, so I'm trying to keep Christmas positive. Mini is very aware that his brother isn't here. Poor beast. We all miss the big boy very much. At the start of the month we sent him a care package - his presents. A few small, fun things we were sure would make it through customs. His grandma and grandpa sent a care package too, as did a few of hubby's friends. So hopefully the big guy knows we are all thinking about him.

I have a story to finish and revise this week. It's not long, but the deadline is coming up on me fast. I imagine the end of the week will be focused on getting that one ready to send out. Anyway, I'll save all that bloggity-blog stuff for another day. For now, I'm focusing on fun, family, and food. Speaking of food...at this rate, I'm sure I'll be finding an extra ten pounds for Christmas. Gee, thanks, Santa! ^_^

Until next time, wishing you many happy, winter-y wishes!  
  ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄   ❅ ❄ 

2 comments:

  1. hope you had a wonderful Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. I hope you had a wonderful holiday, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^