Saturday, December 08, 2012

Desire Combo With A Side Order Of Writerly Things


I'm finally starting to kick this plague we've had going around our house for about three weeks now. The coughing is the most brutal part of it. At times, I've coughed so hard I've given myself a headache. Sounds like fun, right? I'll be glad when this mess has run its course.

I missed my local RWA chapter Christmas party this morning, but I couldn't go over there in good conscience knowing I could give everyone my sick germs. So, I stayed home, and I guess it's a good thing because around noon I completely ran out of energy. One minute I was running strong, working on a freelance beta piece, and the next minute, my eyes were slamming shut. I had to get up and stagger my way to the den and crash on the couch with SassiePup and JakeDog. I slept for three hours. Arg! All that time lost, when I could've been doing something productive.

Anyway, what's going on with me in a writerly sense...let's see. I've finished a rough outline/synopsis for a contemporary category book targeted to Harlequin Desire. And I have a two freelance projects to mark up and send out by the end of the month. Also, The Butterfly Prince is coming along nicely. I'm gradually getting it ready to compile with the other short stories in my fairy book. I have a short story out in the wild right now with a tentative yes on it, but I don't know the status of the project, so I'm thinking that one will be a surprise yay or nay a few months down the road.

Over NaNo, I completed one of two planned vampire novels (single title) I've been working on, and I completed several short stories for a new vampire erotica collection. All of those projects are on my revising/editing stack. There's plenty to keep me busy through the Christmas holidays, and well into the New Year.

New sticker for December 2012
3 for $9.99 - Interesting.
A few months ago, I wrote a blog post about the store taking all but a few Harlequin Desire's off the shelves. They brought them back last month after my write in campaign, and I bought all but one of the November releases.

November 2012. Standard
sticker.
When the December books made it to the shelf, I was too sick to go to the store to pick through them, so I sent hubby. Good guy that he is, he brought back three books. I was jazzed with the books he picked, and intrigued by the new sticker on the cover.

I guess they are doing more to market the books to my area now that they are back on the shelves. (And flying off the shelves, too, apparently. Hubby said the Desires were very picked over when he got to them. They were very picked over in November as well. I think they were almost completely gone by the end of the month. One or two books left.)

Instead of the standard price sticker, there's a pink 3 for $9.99  sticker on the cover now. The savings, before taxes is $1.23. That's good, I guess, but it doesn't really matter that much to me. I'm curious, though. Is this going on at your store too?   Or maybe this is just a regional thing? If you've seen the pink sticker in your area, the combo buyer's price, please take a minute to leave a comment and let me know.

That's all for now. I'm going to make a cup of tea and settle in for some writing this evening. Until next time, happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like that in northern NY Walmarts yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. Of course, I haven't left the house this weekend. I had cortisone shots in my back on Friday. A two year thing for me that usually knocks me flat for a few days after. But I'll check when I'm back on my feet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling tip top again soon, Nancy! I heard those cortisone shots are painful.

    I'm thinking the 3 for $9.99 stickers may be a local phenomenon because they weren't on the books in November when they first brought them back. I don't think the distributor realized how quickly the books would fly off the shelves once she/he began stocking them again. I also imagine the stickers are there as a test to see if they can sell out that swatch of books each month. It's certainly tempting me. I plan to go buy the other three December Desires next weekend...if there are any books left!

    I could be wrong about all this, of course, but I think it's interesting to see how they're marketing these books to folks like me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^