Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Writing :: Desires :: Morning, Noon, and Night


Let chaos reign. This week came with a lot of detours, but I'm slowly navigating my way through the twists and turns. I'm determined not to panic due to all the unexpected obstacles, because mostly, it's all been out of my hands. In the end, what will be, will be. I will do my best, and at the end of the day, that's all I can do.

On a brighter note, I went grocery shopping on Monday, and it appears my write in campaign has worked.  The person in charge of ordering books brought back my Harlequin Desires. Hurray!

I immediately bought two books - Maureen Child's An Outrageous Proposal, and the other is a Heidi Betts. Hmm. What did I do with the book? How does my office get so messy? Okay. Here it is. I bought Secrets, Lies, and Lullabies by Heidi Betts. It's a Billionaires and Babies book. I have couple of these, B&B books. My favorite one is a Janice Maynard book - The Billionaire's Borrowed Baby. I really liked that one. It's from September 2011. Since that book, Janice Maynard is an auto-buy author for me. I like her writing style a lot.

Over the weekend, I'm going to buy two more Desires. I'll write about those books when I get them. So, I guess the moral of the story is...if you can't find the books you're looking for, definitely write to your store. If they can get them, they'll listen. I'm relieved about that, because my next option was to drive to Bossier once a month to buy them. That's kind of an expensive book trip. Anyway, I noticed our local store also brought back the Love Inspired Suspense books. A few ladies from my NolaStars RWA chapter write for that line, so I look for those on the shelf. I'm glad to see the books back in the store.

Speaking of books, I have a new release out today. Morning, Noon, and Night - edited by the awesomely awesome Alison Tyler is available for purchase in trade paperback on Amazon. I have a story in that book titled 4 p.m. No Show. It looks as if the anthology is available a few days early, which is a-okay with me. The release date was set for the 14th. So, pretty close to the arranged date. Cool beans. I'm not sure if the early release is just for the paperback edition, or if the Kindle and Nook editions are up also. The digital editions may still only be up for pre-order. If that's the case, hang in there. All the versions will be released by next Wednesday. That said, I'm super excited about this release. Morning, Noon, and Night is a hot, sexy little book. If you pick up a copy, drop me a line, and let me know what you think.

That's all the news I have for now. Tomorrow I have to catch up on my NaNo project. I got side tracked working on business-y things. Stuff I couldn't put off til later. So, I'm not going to fret. The book is coming along nicely, and the day off from working on it actually helped me figure out how to rework an area in the story that was kinda clunky. See, it all works out in the end. ;o)

Happy wishes, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Cora, can you get the Desires by mail order? That may be easier for you just having them shipped to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! I wish I could afford to get in on the monthly mailings, but I can't swing it right now. The books cost more from the Harlequin site than in the store, plus there is the shipping cost. With hubby's work so iffy right now, I can't risk getting caught up in the monthly mailings. Thankfully, our local Walmart has started carrying the Desire books again. I wrote in and asked them to bring them back...when was it I wrote that last blog post? Anyway, apparently I'm not the only one who has been missing the Desires at our local store. I bought two books a few days ago, and two more November titles today. The section was full up on Monday last week, now it is down to only five books left. Wow! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.