Thursday, October 18, 2012

Just Breathe

It's been a stressful week, and my household is all out of sorts right now. Even so, I'm trying my best to cope with the changes while still making time to write. 

Mini is home for fall break until Monday, and early this morning hubby took off for Arkansas. He's starting a job today that is supposed to last for five weeks. As you can probably imagine, any pretense at a normal household schedule is completely out the window at this point.

Add to that, two days ago, a puppy showed up on our doorstep and moved in with us. He's spindly-legged and loves to chew on everything, and it's safe to say KippyCat and SassiePup are not even remotely impressed by his tiger-striped cuteness. Poor beasts. Sass is in total fussy hussy mode, and I've had to scold her more than once about being weird and snippy. Well, okay. She was weird and snippy before the new baby dog arrived. Now she is simply more so than usual. The thing is, with the house in total chaos, the attitude is most unwelcome. Yeah, yeah, I know. It's going to take time for everyone to adjust to a two dog/one cat household. This is especially true for the pets. I'm hanging in there.

Anyway, like I said, through all this I'm trying to write. Chasing Moonlight was recently released, and I have two short stories coming out in anthologies between Halloween and mid-November. Work wise, I've got a couple of erotic stories to finish by the end of this month, and I'm finally back to work on Twilight's Edge.  I'll be really glad to get that effing book off my desk - sooner rather than later. That's been the thorn in my side lately - that one fairy tale collection. There's one story in the volume that just keeps growing and growing and growing without a resolution, so I've got that one in mind to take care of first. 

So there you have it. The insanity that is my current state of being. {g} Much writing to do, much responsibility, and very little time. That's all for now. Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.