Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jake the Dog, and Current Projects

Jake the brindle pup.
We were watching John
Carpenter's The Thing.
  
I know, I know... I've missed a lot of blogging days. There's been so much going on, I had to make some concessions. I let the blogging schedule go while adjusting to hubby working out of state, and Mini being out of school for fall break.

Also, there's a new puppy in the house, a mixed brindle pup. Mini named him Jake after the dog on Adventure Time, which somehow seems to fit the puppy's bubbly personality. Jake's definitely a handful - basically he's a furry toddler who likes to chew on furniture and pee in doorways.

He requires a lot of extra attention, and keep in mind, he's not the only pet in the house. There's SassiePup and KippityCat, and I'm trying to give each animal a daily dose of individual attention so they don't feel threatened by Jake's sudden appearance in the household.

Doggy sitting won't be so time consuming once Jake is out of the puppy phase. Until then, this is a learning process for all of us.

For now, Jake's gradually adjusting to the household schedule, and I'm grateful he's a good pup who is already sleeping through the night. That saves me from walking the puppy at two in the morning. Because if you take one doggy outside, you have to take both, which means I'd have to put SassiePup on the leash and haul her outside, too.

Anyway, on to writing, I'm working on a second draft of one story, and I'm brainstorming for a paranormal novel. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to join NaNo this year. The past two months have been crazy busy, and I'm not sure I want to put that kind of pressure on myself right now. I've already got two stories I have to polish and submit by the end of the year, and I'm determined to kick Twilight's Edge out the door as soon as possible. So, I'm pretty much booked on writing projects through January. As always, I'll be sharing news about the progress of my projects as I work on them.

Next week, the Hungry for Love anthology is being released. Zombies for Halloween? Yes, please! I'll have more about that very soon. Until then, I hope you have a great week. Happy reading! :o)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Jake found you. He looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Mary. He's a happy, scrappy boy. lol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, John! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^