Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Characters in Pictures : Shelby from Chasing Moonlight

I'm so relieved it's October! Even with all the work I know is waiting for me on the horizon, I'm hoping a new month will equal a fresh start.

Last month was one struggle after another, but I'm putting that behind me now and moving forward. I have edits to finish, revisions to do, and freelance work to get a handle on, so I certainly have enough to keep me busy and out of trouble. Figuratively speaking, of course. ;o)

Chasing Moonlight, the latest book in the Werekind series, will be out this month at Cobblestone Press as part of the Octoberfest celebration. I was browsing my Facebook pictures yesterday and found my heroine's character sketches from February 2011! I forgot I'd taken pictures of her in Second Life. Anyway, this is Shelby Whitman.



Shelby in the woods. My favorite sketch piece.

Shelby is Blaze's mate. You may remember Blaze from Dominant Territory. He's Drake's younger brother.

About Chasing Moonlight


Blaze Logan can't figure out why Shelby keeps avoiding him, especially since he's sure the raven-haired beauty is his mate. When she breaks one date too many, he goes to her cabin to call her out, only to find her in the throes of a painful transformation. 

Shelby's secret is out. Unable to control her inner wolf, she is at the mercy of the moon. Determined to help her gain control no matter what it takes, Blaze is going to have to act fast in order to help her. She’s chasing moonlight, and the full moon is only days away.


I'll be posting more about the story as it gets closer to release date. There are a few more shots of Shelby in my Facebook albums if anyone is interested. I played with several looks for her. The shots above are what I finally decided on.

The skin, by the way, is from Becilia. The inworld store (Second Life) doesn't exist anymore, but I believe the skins are still available on the Marketplace. Just an FYI. This particular skin is one of my favorites. :o)

4 comments:

  1. That looks just like the description, you did a great job there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I'll be doing the cover for Cobblestone Press - I was so excited when I saw I was getting to do one of your books! :) Seeing your vision of Shelby is helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kate! I can hardly wait to see what you come up with! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^