Saturday, September 01, 2012

Saturday :: Catching Up

Let's see. I've been away from the blog for a few days. A lot has gone on, so where to start? I guess by saying Isaac sprinkled a little rain and high winds on us when he came through, but we were lucky. No power outages, or any other inconveniences. I'm totally grateful for that.

The picture is from the morning Isaac rolled in. We were getting warm and cold crosswinds, but not much else. Other than that, the clouds churned, and later on in the day, we were hit with sprinkling rain. It didn't storm until after dark, and even then, it was mostly winds.

The guys went to bed early. We all anticipated the lights going out, so I stayed up to keep an eye on the candles we had burning. I worked through the storm mostly. There are a few subscription podcasts I listen to every week, so while the guys were sleeping, I made my way through a list of literary lectures I hadn't been able to get to until a little down time presented itself.

I also worked on The Butterfly Prince. The story is currently on my desktop with track changes on, and oh man, the manuscript is marked up to hell and back. But, I've definitely made progress. No denying that. The story is now divided into chapters and flows much, much better. Overall, I have it at a point where it's "readable". Still, I imagine there are several more passes with track changes to sit through before I'm ready to send this one to an editor for a final clean up. Ho hum. {scribble, scribble, erase, scribble}

I'm currently reading Rivet Your Readers With Deep Point of View by Jill Elizabeth Nelson. [Kindle Edition] What a great little book! I'm at the 50% mark on Kindle, and I've taken a ton of notes so far. It's a short book, apparently, but there is a lot of smart advice in this one. When I have a few extra bucks, I'll probably buy the print version of this for my keeper shelf.

It's already 1 a.m., so I'm probably about to go to bed. Happy dreams, y'all. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^