Monday, September 10, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Happy Monday, everyone! So what's been going on for the past few days?

On Saturday, I went to my local RWA chapter meeting in Bossier, and listened to Addison Fox talk about her experiences as an author and how to communicate better within the industry.

I almost didn't make it to the meeting. That morning, I was already running late when I stopped at the Circle K to fill up. Well, after I paid, I came back out of the store and my car wouldn't start. I had to go back inside and borrow someone's cell phone to call hubby, then I sat in my car, which was still parked at pump 8, and waited for him to arrive.

We don't know exactly what's causing the issue, but it's like the cables to the battery aren't getting good contact. Hubby literally jiggled a few wires under the hood and the car started right up. I debated whether or not I should go on to the meeting if my car wasn't going to behave, but it's been a while since I last chatted with the other coordinators working on the Suzannah contest. I figured I could wiggle the battery cable myself if I had an incident again, so I went ahead and made a dash to the meeting.

It all went well. The car was on its best behavior - no more scary power loss. I made it back home around 2 p.m., and after a bath and some lunch, I settled in to write. I completed two scenes on the latest Werekind story, and later that evening, I pulled together an erotica flash piece and sent it out.

Speaking of erotica... This isn't really about me, but in a way it is, because I have teeny tiny quote in this book and so I'm marking my territory on it like crazy because it's just so dang exciting to see this book is in paper! *takes a deep breath* The lovely Alison Tyler mentioned that her book Blushers got a nod recently from Penthouse Magazine, which is totally squee worthy in and of itself. Based on that, I hopped over to Amazon to give the book a "like" if I hadn't done so already, and I noticed the book had not only a Kindle listing, but a paperback listing as well. I had a complete bookgasm on.the.spot. I admit it. I have the ebook version already, but I am so absolutely jazzed to see Blushers in dead tree format, that I bought a copy for my keeper shelf, because quote or not, I'm in there!

Okay, I promise I'm done geeking out for the rest of this blog post. {g} It's almost two thirty in the afternoon so I better get back to writing, anyway. ;o)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^