Sunday, September 02, 2012

I Write

Hurray for long weekends. It's after ten p.m., and I'm taking a tea break. It's been a busy, busy day. I've taken on a project with a very short deadline for one of my publishers, so it's about to get super hectic around here.

Today I mapped out the plot, and worked on the characters, identifying their goals, motivations, and conflicts. I've charted where all the sex scenes are going to go, as well as where the hero and heroine's major growth points take place. There's a rough sketch of all the scenes, and they're listed in linear order. As it stands, I see two plot holes, so that's my goal tonight - to fill in those two plot holes so the story has all the "ingredients" in place before I start actually writing the story tomorrow morning.

I'm going to have roughly a week and a half to write the story, and a week and a half to clean it up. Imagine that on a sliding scale. Maybe more writing time, maybe more clean up time. Either way, wish me luck, 'cause I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.