Monday, August 06, 2012

Writing in Harmony

Monday, again? I can already tell this month is going to go by super fast. This is Oldest's last week at home. We're driving him to New Orleans on either Friday or Saturday. I can't remember which. I'm sure the guys have told me three or four times, but then someone comes up with something for me to do, to remember, or to find, and I lose a day's worth of thought processes. Heh.

I made progress on the main wip Sunday night. I tacked on roughly 1k words. Not as much as I would have liked, but some words are better than nothing. I also made some progress on Twilight's Edge. The collection currently stands at a little over 51,500 words, and I'm working on the final story for it. If at all possible, I hope to get the whole caboodle over the 65k mark before I declare it a done deal. I'm pretty sure that length will translate to trade paperback on CreateSpace. If at all possible, I'd like to release it as both an ebook and in paper.

When that's done, I'll clean up the book as much as possible before I start hunting for an editor. I have someone in mind, but I'm not sure at this point what she charges. So, we'll see. I'd hoped to have this book out by the end of August, but I'm just going to have to play it by ear. There is still a lot to do. I need to have the lady who made the ebook cover do a wrap-around cover for me. And none of this even touches on the formatting I'm going to have to do. A friend of mine does freelance formatting, so I'll probably hire her to handle the formatting for this project if she's not too busy.

Whew! Just thinking about all that work makes me antsy. I have no idea why, but it does. I guess it's because I want to make the best book I possibly can, and I'm probably the last person on earth you should count on for perfection. That's just the way it is.

My card of the day is the four of imps, which is from the Halloween Deck. This card is equivalent to the four of wands in the Rider-Waite deck.This is a card of harmony, satisfaction, good news, a happy home, family joy, celebration, marriage, completion, and attaining a goal. Any of those things, or combinations of those things. Really, we could use some stability and positive energy flowing through our household. This Mercury Retrograde has been especially tough.

The four of imps card shows the full moon smiling down on a wedding party or some other kind of celebration that brings like people together. The imps are dancing beneath a chuppah strung with jack o' lantern garland. We don't know exactly what they are celebrating, but it is clear that everyone involved is having a good time. This card indicates a time of good fortune and joy. This is a period when everyone is able to "kick up their heels" a bit, and enjoy life.

An interesting thing about this card is that I recently told hubby that this retrograde has me feeling like I'm on the verge of very big change. Or maybe a big epiphany. Sort of like when you're hunting for information, and you know what you need is "right there", but you're just not seeing it yet? So, yeah, I've been feel like that lately. It's very frustrating not knowing what it means, exactly. It's like I'm in a chrysalis form and I have all this pent up energy, but I can't seem to break out.

The four of imps offers a bit of relief from that situation, since the card can also be viewed as moving into a new phase of life. For example, a couple marries, they leave behind their old lives, and they go on to become their own household unit. I'm hoping this means the frustrating energy I've been feeling lately will lift, and positive energy will flow again.  At any rate, it's a very nice card to start off the week!

That's all for now. It's almost 2:30 am, so I better get some sleep. Tomorrow, er, later today, I'm supposed to take Oldest to the movie to see the remake of Total Recall. When we get home again, I promised Mini I'd bake a cake. Stuff to do, stuff to do. ;o) Hope you all have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.