Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday Randomness & 21 Candles


Happy birthday to Oldest! Today is his 21st birthday. Egads, saying that, especially the day after my own birthday, makes me feel a bit old. Even so, I'm happy for my Navy guy. I wish we could be with him, but we can't, so I'm sending lots of love and happy vibes his way. I hope his special day is filled with joy. :o)

It's almost two a.m., and I'm off to bed as soon as I finish this cup of tea. As I mentioned, Tuesday was my birthday, and it was mostly non-eventful. I say that in the best way possible, so don't get me wrong. Hubby and I drove to Ruston to pick up his order from GameStop that he ordered months ago. We had lunch at Ryan's while on the north side of town, then dropped by the office to visit my godfather, which is really the only reason I had any desire to get dressed and leave the house.

The past two times GF came over to visit, I wasn't home, and I've felt bad about it since, because there simply aren't enough hours in the day to drop everything to go visiting in the next town over. On the other hand, he's get on up there in years, so every visit is precious. If I miss a visit, I try to make up for it. And if I can't, at the very least, I try to make sure he knows he's in our thoughts.

One we got home, I put the laundry going, took care of some editing, and sorted through the bills, the bills and more effing bills. Hello? Universe? A little prosperity this way, plzkthnx?

After I got things situated around the house, I worked on flash cards with Mini. I've got to get him tip top on these math facts before the crap becomes a problem. I say that with all love and honesty: I absolutely suck at math. I was the youngest in my class (an August baby), and I struggled with math all through school. I hope, with a little work, we can get Mini out of his numbers slump asap.

Speaking of school, classes, and what not, the kids are out half a day tomorrow, and all day Thursday due to Hurricane Isaac. We've had a few drops of rain this evening, but it won't hit us until around noon tomorrow. Just in case, we're battening down the hatches for hail, rains, and tornadoes. Looking at the weather map, the eye is going to pass right over the top of our town. Bleh.

Tomorrow if the lights hold, I'll be at my desk, trying to get this story whipped into shape. Doing the same old, same old. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. That said, I'm off for now. My tea is gone and the pillows are calling. Happy hump day, everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.