Thursday, August 02, 2012

Between Seasons

What a crazy morning! I woke up early because hubby started having a conversation with me...about something. I can't even remember what. If he asked me questions, no telling what I said in response. Ha! Whatever the case, I couldn't sleep after that, so I got up and went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

About twenty minutes later, hubby tells me he went through his phone messages and discovered my dad called late last night to tell us my oldest cousin is under quarantine in the hospital for severe West Nile Virus. We're totally shocked. They won't let anyone in to see my cousin right now, but we're hoping that will change by the time my aunt makes it in from Texas. We're all very worried and frustrated by the lack of news on his condition.

I'm incredibly tired this morning, but today is kind of an early start to the weekend for us, which is going to be insanity for us. We have so much to do, it's ridiculous.

Around noon today, I'm meeting up with an old friend from high school. I haven't seen her in years, and we're all getting together for lunch: us, kids, husbands. Afterward, I have to come home and wait by the phone. If anyone calls, they'll probably call the house.

Oh, dear. I'm moving around too much and the SassiePup is grumbling at me. It's not really a growling sound, more like an annoyed errrrr noise she makes when she's trying to rest. Spoiled girl...

Anyway, we have a full weekend ahead of us. I have to buy school uniforms for Mini, and we have to get Oldest over to   the sister-in-law's house so they can see him before he ships out. We only get to have him with us one more week, then we have to drive him to New Orleans to catch his flight out.

Somehow, I'm going to squeeze writing in to all of this. Waiting and see. I did a bit of brainstorming yesterday, but not much else, sadly. I'm going to try to make up for it this evening. Wish me luck!

My personal tarot card for the day is The Empress. I'm using the Halloween Deck, which shows the Bride of Frankenstein in place of the traditional empress, who is a depiction of the Earth Mother. She's lounging beneath a canopy of stars in a garden. One half of the garden is depicted as fall, and the other half is spring/summer with ripe fruits (typically she's shown wearing a gown with pomegranates, although the fruits look like oranges on this card). The Empress is about abundance, nurturing, motherly instincts, and being "pregnant" with new ideas. She is the fertile season between planting and harvest, and is a reminder that "things take time to grow". She is typically associated with Venus, and is considered in most cases, a positive card...a good thing, because I need all the positive vibes I can get! ;o)

One more thing before I go. I got a Google alert last night that My Zombie Ex-Boyfriend is being pirated on a couple new piracy forums. I did some looking around, and I see they have Heart Spell up there too. Don't risk your computer to pirate a copy of a free ebook.  These books are available for free, and have always been free, on Smashwords - a legitimate download site. Just a heads up for those who may be tempted, and not know any better.

I need to jump in the shower and wash my hair before we have to leave, so I bid you adieu. ;o) I hope you all have spectacular Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. West Nile? Wow, hope he gets better fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. West Nile Virus. I talked to my mom earlier this evening, and they said my aunt finally arrived from out of state. They aren't letting her see him either. He's quarantined. It doesn't look good at this point. All we can do is keep praying.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^