Monday, July 23, 2012

The Parking Garage :: My Subconscious Mind


Early this morning I dreamed I was driving through a maze of a parking garage. Hubby was in the passenger seat, and when I made it to the panel that spits out the ticket, I had to wait. It gave me the ticket, but up ahead, there was some guy standing at the security shack. After waiting what felt like a short eternity, I got out of my car with my license, the time ticket for parking, and walked toward this officer, who took my stuff but said I had to wait. He walked me back to the car, did something like put the ticket back through the machine, then I still ended up having to wait for the guy who had no car (!!!) to walk through security.

That dream probably means I'm mental, but whatever. I've had a lot of "in the car" dreams lately. I'm thinking it means I'm ready to move on. Move on to what, I'm not sure, but there you have it. Oh, a couple of nights ago, I dreamed I was in a strange house. It was very sparsely furnished, and I was folding a blanket in front of this enormous arched window with black square patterns all over it. I have no clue what that dream means, either.

Anyway, I think I've finally fixed the commenting issues with the blog. I have no idea how or why it stopped allowing comments, but I started noticing failed form attempts in the log. I pushed a few buttons and it seems to be working now, so I'm going with it. Fixed. Hurray.

I wrote probably 2k on the wip last night, and found three pages I need to transcribe over to the main document. Holy shit. Why did I ever decide to write long hang? I'm pleading temporary insanity. I left off at the start of a new chapter, and now I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs, like, what now?  I may need to go back and poke a new problem into the previous chapter so there is something to work through in this one. I don't know yet. That's going to be my project du jour, I believe.

Before I go.... A few interesting articles and what-have-you that I read this morning. Various stuff. Worth a peek.

5 Ways Your Brain Sabotages Your Writing...And What To Do About It by Kimberly Turner 
Justice Department Slams Apple, Refuses to Modify E-book Settlement
and... The Fiction Desk is looking for submissions

That's all for now. I hope you have a marvelous Monday! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^